SEAT wishes to recognize and encourage its members who trail ride their horses consistently. SEAT members may register themselves and their horses for recognition and awards. The one-time cost for active SEAT members is $15. This is an honor system for recording your miles.
Recognition patches will be given for 100, 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, and one final patch of 5000+ miles. Awards will be presented at monthly meetings as the individual's miles are accrued. Mileage is cumulative from year to year.
Current SEAT members that are new to the mileage program may turn in mileage from up to 3 months prior to joining this program. If you have not been a SEAT member for 3 months you may turn in mileage starting with the day membership began. Previous SEAT members joining the mileage program after more than a one year lapse will be considered a new member and mileage resets to zero.
Email mileage monthly - including date, location, and amount of mileage for each ride - to our mileage coordinator, Betty Bailey, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The miles per hour (mph) have been calculated by hand-held GPS devices and have averaged 3 mph for non-gaited horses and 3.5 mph for gaited horses. If you do not have a GPS device you may use these numbers when figuring your monthly totals.
Fill out registration form to join our mileage program and start logging your miles. Mail completed form and payment to our PO Box listed on form or bring to a meeting.
Mileage updates as of April 30, 2019:
1) Casey Shackleford - All horses: 3280.5 miles
2) Sharyn Hughes on Babe, Mo, & Flash: 1701.49 miles
3) Mark Shackleford on Chance & Jackson: 1594.5 miles
4) Diane VanderGiessen on Zipper and Blue : 1433
5) Laura Isenberg on Brooklyn: 1053 miles
6) Mary Vernon on Tessie Mae: 847.14 miles
7) Betty Bailey on Twinkles: 290.11 miles
8) Megan McLawhorn on Poco: 263
9) Casey Shackleford on Twilight: 173 miles